In this 9-week course you will learn the details of 84 healing herbs and the 36 herbal combinations of different healing traditions. This course combines the wisdom of ancient oral healing traditions, family healing traditions, traditional Ayurveda scriptures, and the modern scientific researches on healing herbs.
The 84 Healing Herbs of Ayurveda Master Course
A 9-Weeks Guided Course
Sri Amit Ray Meditation Center
The word Ayurveda means “the knowledge of long life.” You will learn the basic philosophy of Ayurveda. You will also learn the key concepts of the Ayurveda doshas, herbs, lifestyle, seven dhatus, and the five elements. In this course, you will learn the details of 84 herbs and the 36 herbal combinations of different healing traditions.
The Course Contents
The general content of the NINE modules of the course are as follows:
Module 1: The Four Pillars of Ayurveda are:
1. TriDosha – The three basic bio-energies – Vata (space and air), Pitta (fire and water) and Kapha (water and earth) in the body.
2. TriGuna – Three basic properties – Sattva (the pure), Rajas (the dynamic), and Tamas (the inert).
3. Five Mahabhutas – Five basic elements – Earth, water, fire, air, and space.
4. Chorashi Ousodhi – The 84 main herbs. They have special 36 herbal combinations called Rasayana.
Module 2: Introduction to Healing Herbs
- The importance of healing herbs in traditional medicine
- The benefits of using herbs for healing and wellness
- The history and evolution of herbal medicine
- The science behind herbal medicine and its effectiveness
Module 3: Classification of Herbs
- Understanding the classification of herbs based on their properties and actions
- Learning about Ayurvedic herbs and their classifications
- Understanding the Western system of herb classifications
- Understanding of the other Eastern systems of herb classifications
Module 4: The 84 Healing Herbs of Ayurveda and Eastern Traditions
- Understanding the properties of the Ayurveda herbs
- The benefits and uses of 84 commonly used healing herbs
- How to relate herbal formulas for specific health conditions
Module 5: Identifying and Sourcing Herbs
- Learning how to identify different herbs
- Understanding how to source high-quality herbs
- Understanding the importance of sustainability and ethical sourcing of herbs
- Understanding the importance of organically grown herbs
Module 6: Herbal Oils, Tinctures, Salves, and Poultices
- Understanding the benefits of using herbal oils, salves, and poultices
- Learning how to make herbal oils, salves, and poultices
- Understanding the benefits of using different methods of preparation
- Understanding the correct dosages for oils, salves, and poultices
Module 7: Understanding Compatibility of Herbs
- Understanding how to combine herbs for maximum effectiveness
- Learning about contraindications and herb interactions
- Understanding the importance of safety when using herbs
- Learning how to avoid negative herb interactions and side effects
Module 8: Understanding the 36 Herbal Combinations
- Understanding the ingredients of the 36 combinations
- Understanding the and the 36 combinations
- Benefits and uses of each combination
Module 9: Ayurveda Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Understanding the three doshas in Ayurveda: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha
- Ayurveda diet principles and recommendations
- The role of spices and herbs in Ayurveda cooking
- Ayurveda lifestyle practices for health and wellness
- How to use Ayurveda herbs for self-care and daily routine
Module 10: Herbs for Detoxification and Cleansing
- Understanding Ama (toxins) in Ayurveda
- The importance of regular detoxification and cleansing
- Ayurveda methods of detoxification and cleansing
- How to use Ayurveda herbs for detoxification and cleansing
Course Fees $500 USD
|Course Fees:||$500 USD (Rs. 35,000/- INR)|
|Duration:||9 Weeks (Total 9 One Hour Sessions)|
|Location:||Online via Skype / Google Meet/ZOOM/ WhatsApp|
|Benefits:||You will learn the 84 Healing herbs and the 36 combinations of herbs.|
|Study Material:||You will get eight PDF Files as Study Material.|
|How it Works|
After you register and submit your payment for an online session, you are notified by email and offered a a set of choices for the dates and times for the online session. You choose one, and confirm by email. You can always email us, if you have a special preference.
The online classes are provided by Sri Amit Ray, as one-to-one online Skype / Google meet/ WhatsApp sessions at mutually convenient date and time. Depending on the course the number of session varies. The duration of each session is about an hour. The course includes guided meditations, discussions, and study material.
Upon completion of the online registration and payment process, you will be informed by email, about the date and time of your meditation classes, which are mutually adjustable.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that this course is for informational and research purpose. While herbs can be effective in treating certain diseases and health conditions, but they should be used under the guidance of a competent healthcare provider and should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. Additionally, herbs can interact with medications and may not be safe for everyone, so it is important to speak with a healthcare provider before using herbs for medicinal purposes.
The information provided in the course is not intended to replace medical attention. When dealing with any medical issue, always seek guidance from your healthcare provider.