Are you looking for chakra colors and symbols? Follow our step-by-step guide to make use of the chakra colors for your healing and balancing. This guide is useful for all users of all ages and skill levels.
Most of you have only heard of the 7 basic chakras. However, there are more than 114 chakras in the human body. The 7 chakras are very important, but not sufficient. To work with chakra healing and balancing, you must know all your 114 chakras rather than just the seven chakras.
Before we start explaining the chakra colors and the symbols, let’s cover some of the most commonly asked questions about the chakra colors that we get.
Each chakra relates to a certain color of the rainbow. The violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red are the seven colors of the seven chakras. The visible light, which is a blend of seven colors (VIBGYOR) are the colors of the chakras. The chakra colors serves to make up your auras, or energy fields.
The colors of the 7 chakras are in rainbow order:
- Crown chakra – Violet,
- Third eye chakra – Indigo,
- Throat chakra – Blue,
- Heart chakra – Green,
- Solar plexus chakra – Yellow,
- Sacral chakra – Orange, and
- Root chakra – Red.
Chakras are very close to nature. They love the colors of nature. In our tradition, we use the colors of fruits, flowers, leaves, roots, cereals, pulses, oilseeds, clothing, woods, crystals, and pebbles in methodical ways for activating, healing, and balancing the chakras. Colorful pastes such as sandal paste, turmeric paste, or Kumkum are sometimes used for chakra activation and healing.
There are three basic types of chakra colors red, green and blue. They are related to hormone and behavior controller, thought and intelligence controller, and vision and spiritual controller respectively. Accordingly, the chakras are classified in the three groups:
- Red chakras – mainly associated with the physical body and hormones.
- Green chakras – associated with emotions and thoughts.
- Blue chakras – associated with vision, planning and spirituality.
RGB (red, green, and blue) concepts of the chakras refers to a system for representing the various combinations of hormonal, emotional, and spiritual states of body, mind and spirit. With the RGB concepts of the chakras, it is very easy to understand the deeper layers of the chakras in mental dimensions.
The summary of the colors of the seven chakras are as follows:
- Muladhara, the Root Chakra – RED
- Svadisthana, the Sacral Chakra – ORANGE.
- Manipura, the Solar Plexus Chakra –YELLOW
- Anahata, the Heart Chakra – GREEN
- Vishuddi, the Throat Chakra – BLUE
- Ajna, the Third Eye Chakra – INDIGO
- Sahasrara, the Crown Chakra – Purple/Violet.