In our Ray 114 Chakras course, and in the 72000 Nadis meditation courses, we often discuss various subtler aspects of life energies. Because, life energies play vital roles in removing the blockages in your chakras and the energy channels.
Improvements of life energies can give you strength, stability, will power, and deeper spiritual connections.
Moreover, in our Ray 114 chakra system, the life energies are classified in seven groups. The gross three types of life energies are known as Ojas, Tejas, and Prana. The other five subtler life energies are associated with the manifestation and deeper spirituality.
In fact, Ojas, Tejas, and Prana give you the strength, vitality, courage, mental power, concentration, spiritual glow, bright aura, and the three levels of inner beauty.
The purpose of this article is to discuss what Ojas, Tejas, and Prana are, why you should care, what their functions are, and how to improve them.
Here are 15 tips on how to boost your immunity and the Prana, Tejas, and Ojas naturally.
What are Ojas, Tejas, and Prana?
Ojas, Tejas and Prana are the subtle forms of life energies in terms of water, fire and air respectively. They are associated with your physical strength, mental strength, will power, concentration power and spiritual energies within the body.
Tejas is the subtle life energy of fire. Prana is the subtle life energy of air and Ojas is the subtle life energy of water.
Functions of Prana, Tejas and Ojas
In Ayurveda, these three subtle energies are related to Vata, Pitta and Kapha respectively. Ojas is the foundation of Tejas and prana is the support of both Ojas and Tejas.
In reality, Tejas and Prana also remove the free radicals in the body. Free radicals are the unstable molecules that cause cell damage, which can lead to inflammation and diseases.
The key functions of the Prana, Tejas, and Ojas are as follows:
- Metabolism (the way you break down food and get energy from nutrients).
- Remove the free radicals from the body
- Keep the body joints happy and healthy.
- Keep the energy flow in the chakras and the nadis smooth and healthy
- Maintain positive emotions and mood.
- Provide healthy growth and development.
- Keep the mind peaceful and stable.
- Support fertility functions.
- Maintain Good Sleep.
- Maintain Blood pressure at an optimal level.
- Control hunger and thirst at optimal level.
Primarily, Tejas is associated with metabolism and mood. Ojas is associated with growth and development. Prana is associated with your emotions, behavior, sleep and blood pressure.
Body’s Equilibrium and the three subtle energies
In the human body every moment millions of cells and neurons vanish and millions of those are reborn. The human body and mind is constantly in a homeostatic dynamic equilibrium and this equilibrium is maintained by the Prana, Tejas, and Ojas.
Normally, various forms of diseases occur when the relative equilibriums between the Prana, Tejas, and Ojas are disturbed.
You can have optimum mental, physical and spiritual health when these three forms of life energies are in balance. You can use your 7 chakras mantras to bring balance in body and mind.
Food, rest, water and proper sleep create Ojas, and the Ojas with breath create Tejas. Tejas purifies and strengthens the Prana the vital life force, within the body.
How to increase my Ojas, Tejas and Prana?
Here are easy ways to increase your life energies. In this section, you will learn 15 ways to increase your Ojas, tejas and Prana energies. Ayurveda food habits are very effective to enhance these subtle life energies.
What is Ojas?
Ojas is the subtle life energy in the form of fluid. It is called fluid of life. It is responsible for immunity, strength and vitality of the body. Ojas is the primary dynamic life force of the body or primal vigor. Ojas that has an oily quality and sustains it, like ghee can sustain a flame.
The key functions of the Ojas in the body include:
- Enhance immune function.
- Promote healthy blood production and circulation.
- Restore the balance of the endocrine system.
- Protect the bone marrow
- Enhances the functions of the Heart, Liver & Kidneys.
- Supports fertility functions
- Improve absorption in the digestive tract.
- Stimulate the body’s self-regulating ability.
- Enhances spiritual energy.
How to increase Ojas?
Ojas provides immunity, health, strength, vitality and longevity. It brings radiant eyes and enhances mental clarity, resilience and stability of mind.
You can increase the Ojas in your body by the following ways:
- Do regular yoga and physical exercises
- Practice intermittent fasting
- Take proper sleep
- Take diets with high in antioxidants
- Eat diets of high sirtuin foods
- Eat balanced diet
- Drink sufficient water
- Maintain balance in rest, exercises, and work.
Fasting can increase your Ojas. The researchers observed that certain fasting has a positive impact on your immune cells. .
To increase your Ojas you need a balanced diet. A balanced diet may include a variety of foods like: fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, and protein foods.
What is Tejas?
In fact, Tejas is the subtle life energy in the form of heat and light. It is called fire of life. Tejas is the digestive energy in the body. Tejas gives the courage, will power and mental strength and drive to take actions. It gives the inner radiance, also unfolds spiritual wellbeing.
The key functions of the Tejas in the body include:
- Boosts metabolic function.
- Enhances inner radiance and Aura.
- Develops concentration and will power.
- Gives drive to take actions in life.
- Unfolds spiritual well-being
- Enhances mental strength.
How to increase Tejas?
Having a high Tejas can also give you energy and make you feel better. Sitting too much is bad for your Tejas. Stress is also closely related to the quality of sleep, which can influence your Tejas.
Here are 10 easy ways to increase your Tejas.
- Eat sufficient dairy and vegetable protein at your meal
- Drink more cold water
- Do a high-intensity exercises
- Eat at regular times
- Stand up and walk more
- Drink Green tea or Oolong tea
- Get B vitamins in your diet
- Take vitamin C oriented Fruits
- Get sufficient good night sleep
- Replace cooking fats with coconut oil
The right amount of sleep is vital for both Ojas and Tejas energy. Research suggests that adults need at least 7–8 hours per night .
What is Prana?
Prana is the subtle life energy in the form of air and breath. It is called breath of life. Prana responsible for vitality and energy and functions such as respiration, digestion, circulation, excretion etc.
Similarly, when Prana imbalance happens, one can experience physical issues like constipation, hypertension, weakness, arthritis, restlessness and other stomach or digestion related problems.
The key functions of the Prana in the body include:
- Sustains life energy in the body.
- Generates enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Enhances receptivity and creativity.
- Maintains optimal blood pressure in the body.
- Control respiration, oxygenation, circulation systems.
- Maintains digestion, circulation, excretions.
How to increase Prana Energy?
Prana maintains the respiratory system of the body. Moreover, it maintains a state of harmony between the body and the mind. It is also associated with your emotions, and mental equilibrium.
Breathing exercises not only enhance lung capacity and volume but also purify the lungs and the respiratory tract. Lions breathing exercises enhances lung capacity and helps improve immunity and the Prana energy.
Here are 10 easy ways to increase your Prana energy.
- Do Lion breathing yoga exercises.
- Do Kapalbhati Pranayama every day.
- Avoid indoor and outdoor air pollution.
- Do Ustrasana yoga pose aka camel pose.
- Avoid exposure to people who have the flu or other viral infections.
- Drink warm water with turmeric, honey and ginger to improve lung health.
- Do nasal passage massage with ghee or aloe vera gel.
- Dip your little finger in liquid ghee or aloe vera gel and massage each nostril.
- Take vitamin D from sunlight. Vitamin D has a direct impact on respiratory health.
- You can do Steam Inhalation (Vasp Swedana). You can add 2-3 drops of Eucalyptus oil.
- A pinch of turmeric mixed with hot milk before sleep improves Prana energy.
Drinking extra water increase Ojas, Tejas and Prana energies. Research found that adding 1.5 liters of water to the usual daily consumption of water reduced the average weight .
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a way to improve your physical, mental and spiritual health, focusing on enhancing the Prana, Tejas and Ojas is a great option with many potential benefits.
Above all, they improve your vitality, mental strength, courage, will power, concentration, spiritual glow, and the healing energies in your body.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to increase your Ojas, Tejas, and Prana energies.
In other words, making small lifestyle changes and incorporating these tips mentioned above, into your routine can increase your life energies. They can improve your body’s immune system as well as they enhances your mental energies and emotional stabilities.