Do you know that the Solar Plexus Chakra can increase your self-confidence and willpower? The Solar Plexus Chakra, also known as Manipura in Sanskrit, is one of the seven energy centres or chakras in the body. Located in the upper abdomen, just above the navel and below the ribcage, this chakra is associated with willpower, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
In this article, you will learn the details of the solar plexus chakra meaning, location, symbols, mantras, colors, crystals, yoga poses, side effects, petal names, foods, and how to balance and unblock it. You will also know what blocks the solar plexus chakra, the symptoms of a blocked solar plexus chakra, how to unblock and balance this yellow chakra, and what happens when this Manipura chakra is activated.
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra or the Manipura Chakra?
The Manipura Chakra, also known as the Solar Plexus Chakra, is the third energy center that may be found inside the human body. It is considered to be one of the most powerful chakras of the seven chakras. The solar plexus chakra is located in the spine, about two fingerbreadth above the navel. Your mental strength and sense of self-confidence are both expressed via this chakra.
The Manipura Chakra is associated with several symbols, including the element of fire, the color yellow, and the ten-petaled lotus. The element of fire represents transformation and purification, while the color yellow represents optimism and confidence. The ten-petaled lotus symbolizes the ten pranas or life energies that flow through the body.
In human body there are 114 chakras, to activate the solar plexus chakra joyfully, you need to activate a set of other micro chakras. Partially activated manipura chakra or badly activated solar plexus chakra is harmful and may create many imbalances. To avoid that you need to activate and balance a set of other micro chakras.
Functions of the Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is responsible for our sense of self-identity and ego. It governs our willpower, motivation, and decision-making abilities, making it the center of our personal power. It is associated with the element of fire, which represents transformation and change.
When the solar plexus chakra is open and balanced, we feel confident, motivated, and empowered. We have a clear sense of purpose and direction in life and feel in control of our destiny. We can make decisions with ease and clarity. On the other hand, if the solar plexus chakra is blocked, we may experience a lack of self-confidence, low self-esteem, and a lack of motivation. We may also struggle with indecision and feel powerless to change our circumstances.
Symbols of the Solar Plexus Chakra
In Sanskrit, the word “Manipura” means “city of jewels.” The name is derived from two words: “mani” meaning jewel, and “pura” meaning city or place. The concept of the “city of jewels” suggests that within the Solar Plexus Chakra lies a treasure trove of positive qualities, waiting to be discovered and utilized.
The solar plexus chakra is represented by the color yellow, which symbolizes energy, optimism, and positivity. The associated symbol for the solar plexus chakra is a ten-petaled lotus flower. Each petal represents different qualities associated with this chakra, such as willpower, determination, and courage.
The Manipura symbol is also associated with the solar plexus chakra. This symbol is a yellow triangle with a downward-pointing red triangle inside it. The upward-pointing triangle represents the element of fire, while the downward-pointing triangle represents the element of water. Together, they represent the balance between the fiery energy of the solar plexus chakra and the emotional energy of the sacral chakra.
The meanings of the 10-petaled lotus flower of the Manipura Chakra
The ten petals of Manipura are normally represented with the ten Sanskrit syllables डं, ढं, णं, तं, थं, दं, धं, नं, पं and फं (ḍaṁ, ḍhaṁ, ṇaṁ, taṁ, thaṁ, daṁ, dhaṁ, naṁ, paṁ, and phaṁ). These petals correspond to the flowering of the positive qualities in life.
The 10 meanings of the 10-petaled lotus flower of the Solar Plexus Chakra are:
- Willpower: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the ability to assert your will and make things happen in your life. The 10 petals of the lotus represent the different aspects of willpower.
- Personal power: This third chakra is also associated with personal power, confidence, and self-esteem. The lotus flower symbolizes the strength and vitality of these qualities.
- Transformation: The Solar Plexus Chakra is the center of transformation and change. The lotus flower represents the potential for growth and transformation that lies within each of us.
- Digestion: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with digestion and metabolism. The lotus flower symbolizes the process of digestion, breaking down food into energy and nourishment.
- Creativity: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with creativity and self-expression. The lotus flower represents the creative potential within each of us.
- Inner peace: The Solar Plexus Chakra is the center of balance and harmony. The lotus flower symbolizes inner peace and tranquility.
- Focus: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with mental clarity and focus. The lotus flower represents the ability to concentrate and stay focused on your goals.
- Vitality: The Solar Plexus Chakra is the center of vitality and energy. The lotus flower represents the life force energy that flows through us.
- Transformation of negative emotions: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with emotions such as anger, fear, and jealousy. The lotus flower represents the potential to transform these negative emotions into positive qualities such as compassion, courage, and wisdom.
- Spiritual connection: The Solar Plexus Chakra is also associated with our spiritual connection to the universe. The lotus flower symbolizes the potential for spiritual growth and enlightenment.
The 72000 nadis in the body are connected to these 10 petals of the third chakra. When you understand the interaction between the energy channels and this third chakra petals, you can better control your emotions, inner peace, tranquility, creative power, and leadership qualities.
Mantras for the Manipura Chakra
Mantras are powerful tools that can be used to balance the chakras. The mantra for the solar plexus chakra is “RAM,” which means “I am” in Sanskrit. This mantra can help you connect with your personal power and enhance your self-esteem and confidence.
When using the mantra “Ram” for the solar plexus chakra, you can visualize a bright yellow light radiating from this area. This light represents the energy of the solar plexus chakra, and it can help you connect with its qualities of willpower, determination, and courage.
God and Goddess of the Solar Plexus Chakra
The syllable ‘रं’ (ram) serves as the seed mantra for the Solar Plexus Chakra. Above this mantra lies the bindu, a dot representing the deity Rudra. Rudra is often depicted with three eyes and can appear as either red or white. With the power to grant boons and dispel fear, Rudra is often depicted sitting top of a bull.
Rudra’s Shakti is the goddess Lakini, who is often represented with four arms and three faces, each adorned with three eyes. She too makes the gestures of granting boons and dispelling fear, and is seated upon a vibrant red lotus.
Balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra
There are several techniques that you can use to balance the solar plexus chakra. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Practice affirmations: Affirmations are positive statements that can help you shift your mindset and enhance your self-esteem and confidence. Some examples of affirmations for the solar plexus chakra include “I am confident,” “I trust myself,” and “I am worthy of success.”
- Visualization: Visualization is a powerful technique that can help you connect with the energy of the third chakra. You can visualize a bright yellow light radiating from this area and filling your entire body with its energy.
- Practice yoga: Yoga postures that can help balance the Manipura Chakra chakra include the Boat pose, Warrior III pose, and Cobra pose. These postures can help you develop a strong sense of willpower and determination.
- Breathing exercises: Breathing exercises, such as Kapalabhati and Bhastrika, can help stimulate this yellow chakra and enhance its energy.
- Color therapy: Color therapy is another technique that can be used to balance the solar plexus chakra. You can surround yourself with the color yellow by wearing yellow clothing, using yellow gemstones or crystals, or decorating your space with yellow objects.
What Weakens the Solar Plexus Chakra?
Several factors can weaken the solar plexus chakra, including:
- Negative self-talk: When we engage in negative self-talk, we reinforce limiting beliefs and can undermine our self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Criticism: Receiving criticism from others, especially if it is harsh or constant, can erode our self-confidence and weaken our sense of personal power.
- Lack of exercise: Exercise is essential for maintaining a healthy body and mind. A sedentary lifestyle can lead to stagnation in the Manipura Chakra chakra.
- Poor diet: Eating a diet that is high in processed foods, sugar, and unhealthy fats can disrupt the balance of the solar plexus chakra.
- Stress: Chronic stress can take a toll on the body and mind, leading to imbalances in the chakras.
Foods that Unblock the Manipura Chakra
The Manipura Chakra is associated with the digestive system, so eating foods that support digestion can help balance this chakra. Some foods that can unblock the solar plexus chakra include:
- Yellow fruits and vegetables, such as lemons, bananas, and yellow peppers.
- Whole grains, such as brown rice and quinoa.
- Spices, such as ginger and turmeric.
- Healthy fats, such as avocado and nuts.
Crystals for the Third Chakra
Crystals and gemstones are often used to balance and activate the chakras. Here are some of the crystals associated with the solar plexus chakra:
- Citrine: This yellow crystal is often called the “success stone” and is said to promote abundance, confidence, and creativity.
- Yellow Jasper: This stone is associated with the sun and is said to promote joy, happiness, and positivity.
- Golden Topaz: This crystal is said to promote self-confidence, personal power, and success.
- Pyrite: Also known as “fool’s gold,” this crystal is said to promote abundance, confidence, and manifestation.
Side effects of bad activation of solar plexus chakra
Badly activated solar plexus chakra is harmful. Here are some of the side effects of an imbalanced solar plexus chakra:
- Physical Symptoms: When the solar plexus chakra is badly activated, it can lead to physical symptoms such as digestive issues, stomach ulcers, and diabetes. You may also experience liver or pancreas problems, chronic fatigue, and adrenal issues.
- Emotional Symptoms: A badly activated solar plexus chakra can cause emotional symptoms such as low self-esteem, lack of confidence, and feelings of powerlessness. You may also experience anger, frustration, and anxiety.
- Mental Symptoms: An imbalanced solar plexus chakra can cause mental symptoms such as lack of motivation, difficulty making decisions, and feeling stuck. You may also feel a lack of direction and purpose in life.
- Relationship Issues: The third chakra is related to personal power and self-esteem, so when it is jammed or overactivated, it can cause relationship issues. You may have difficulty setting boundaries, expressing yourself, and standing up for yourself.
Zodiac Signs and the Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is associated with the zodiac sign of Aries, which is known for its assertiveness, confidence, and determination. People born under this sign tend to have strong third chakras and are often natural leaders.
The Gift of the Solar Plexus Chakra
The gift of the solar plexus chakra is personal power. When this chakra is open and balanced, we feel confident and empowered to pursue our goals and dreams. We have a clear sense of self-identity and are not afraid to stand up for ourselves and our beliefs.
Emotions Associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is associated with several emotions, including:
- Confidence: When this chakra is open and balanced, you feel confident in our abilities and have a strong sense of self-worth.
- Self-esteem: The solar plexus chakra is responsible for your self-esteem and how you view yourselves.
- Willpower: The solar plexus chakra governs your willpower and determination, allowing you to pursue your goals and dreams with conviction.
- Anger: When the solar plexus chakra is imbalanced, you may experience anger and frustration, as you feel powerless to change our circumstances.
Affirmations for the the Solar Plexus Chakra
Some affirmations that can help you activate and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- I am confident and powerful.
- I trust myself and my abilities.
- I am worthy of love, respect, and success.
- I am motivated to achieve my goals.
- I am in control of my life and decisions.
- I honor and respect myself.
- I am free from self-doubt and fear.
- I am confident in my ability to make positive changes in my life.
- I am worthy of happiness and success.
- I trust the Universe to guide me on my path.
Repeat these affirmations to yourself regularly, either silently or out loud, with conviction and belief. Over time, they can help to reprogram your subconscious mind and bring about a greater sense of confidence, self-worth, and personal power.
The solar plexus chakra is an essential component of your energetic system, responsible for your personal power, self-esteem, and confidence. When this chakra is open and balanced, you feel confident and empowered to pursue your goals and dreams. By using techniques such as affirmations, visualization, and yoga, you can balance the solar plexus chakra and enhance its energy. With a balanced solar plexus chakra, you can tap into your personal power and live your lives with purpose and conviction.